Today is the last day of 2019.
This year brought with it highs and lows, yes’s and no’s and wins and lessons, just like every year.
But this year was different.
This year I chose me. I chose to no longer negotiate my happiness. This year was about standing in my power and taking back my power where I’d taken a backseat. It wasn’t easy but I discovered a level of peace that I’ve never experienced before.
I learned to let go of who I was so I could become the woman, business owner and leader that I was born to be.
See, I was still operating in my purpose but at a level that wasn’t fully serving me.
2020 is right around the corner and I’m ready to make magic and experience more success, happiness and profits.
But, as I do every year as part of my annual profit planning process, I review and reflect on where the past year has taken me and what I’ve learned.
Below is a summary of some of the Best of 2019 from hot blog posts, product launches, events, lessons and more, in no particular order.
- Our top seller during our Black Friday Mega Sale was our Revenue Planning Bundle. If you didn’t get it during Black Friday, you can grab it here for $47 before the price goes up at midnight CST tomorrow, Jan 1st. This bundle includes 5 ready to use templates that will help you easily plan and track your revenue and profit goals. Templates included (plus video guide): Revenue Planning, Goals Template, Income by Client, and Revenue Tracker.
- “This weekend was life changing”. That’s what Erin Cross said after attending my Be Profitable Retreat for women entrepreneurs in Dallas. I, myself searched for words to describe the experience but I’ll just say this – if you want to grow your business, get out of your own way and really step into your true power, don’t miss the next one. Click here to schedule a call to learn more about how to join us in June.
- One of my highlights of the year was becoming a #1 Amazon Best Seller of, The Profitable Woman’s Playbook: 15 Strategies To Win Big In Life And Business. This book was a collaboration between me and 12 women entrepreneurs covering topics that matter most when it comes to building a profitable and successful life and business.
- Repurposing blogs on LinkedIn was a really big hit. Our most popular blog was ‘What To Do When Family & Friends Don’t Support You’. This post was originally published in 2017 but I shared it earlier this year and the engagement went through the roof. Tip: If you ever find yourself low on content, share an article or post that hasn’t been shared in a while. You’ll be amazed at the results.
- Not very many people know this but I was selected to do a TedX Talk in the Dallas area. I wasn’t able to share the news initially as part of the selection process but I had to turn it down because it was during the same time as my live event, The Profitable Woman’s Playbook Workshop. While I was disappointed, I knew that there would be more opportunities.
- Voted Best Trainer for Women In Technology Business Accelerator by LiftFund. I love that I get to use my voice and knowledge to help other women entrepreneurs build profitable 6 and 7 figure businesses. And it’s just icing on the cake, when others recognize how passionate and committed you are to sharing your gifts. Need a speaker for your upcoming event? Send an email to info [at] profitisthenewblack [dot] com so we can talk about how I can support your event goals.
- Attended Video Marketing World, a conference focused on all things video. Did you know that Google owns YouTube? Did you know that YouTube is the second largest search engine? I left with so many takeaways, met some really cool business owners and even won a video, photo and audio editing software. Let’s just say a video marketing strategy might not be a bad idea for 2020.
- It’s okay to say let me think about it or better yet, it’s okay to say no! In the past, I’ve said yes to things that didn’t fully align with my goals. In 2019, I exercised my right to say no and it felt good.
- Met and connected with some amazing women entrepreneurs. The picture below is from a holiday lunch where I invited some ladies that I admire, respect and lean on. It was an absolute blast – full of laughs, love, support and good food. Find a group of women that will be there to support you, no matter what.
- One of my best friends from high school and biggest supporters passed away suddenly in October. I selfishly wanted more time to talk, laugh, dream and love. But, he was in pain. He was at peace. He absolutely lived life to the fullest. He wrote a best seller a couple years ago while undergoing chemo. When I realized that I thought to myself, wow…what excuse do I have to not live life to the fullest. As I look at my goals and dreams for 2020, I’m going for it. No excuses. No regrets. Just leading, living and loving.
What about you?