Marketing works if you are consistent and if you have a clearly defined plan. It’s easy to jump in and get caught in doing what everyone else is doing. But that can get pretty expensive if you sign up for a service because “everyone’s doing it now”. In marketing, one size doesn’t fit all. Your marketing should be in alignment with your business goals as outlined in your marketing plan.
Yes, there are many ways to market your business online and offline however your plan doesn’t need to include all of them. You only need to focus on the strategies that will get and keep you in front of your ideal client and create the results you want.
Marketing isn’t something you do one day and stop simply because no one responded to your newsletter, phone call, Facebook ad, social media post or postcard. It’s an ongoing part of building a profitable business. When I first started my business I remember being so concerned with repeating status updates across my various social media accounts. I was absolutely certain my ideal client would think “why does she keep posting the same things over and over again”. Well, according to the statistics it could take anywhere from 7 to 11 touches before someone would take action.
Marketing works if you consistently work the plan. Period.
Below are 10 questions to consider creating your plan and marketing your products and services.
- Who is the ideal client that you’re marketing to?
- What problem are you solving?
- What are you marketing?
- What action do you want them to take?
- How will you reach them? Online? Offline? Both?
- What’s the goal of your marketing campaign?
- What’s the cost of the marketing campaign?
- How will you measure, track and monitor the results?
- Who will help you execute the marketing strategy?
- What systems do you need?
Answer the questions above and you’ll be on your way to creating a marketing plan that skyrockets your success and results.