Since “C” hit the scene we’ve seen a large number of organizations (big and small) offer support to the small business community by way of grants and other funding opportunities.
This is very good news…. if you’re prepared and ready to secure the bag.
It’s not business as usual.
It’s time to upgrade your business so you don’t get eliminated simply because you didn’t have the essentials needed to secure the bag.
Review the following list and make sure you don’t get left out of getting a piece of this money, honey…
- Bank account in the business’ name (separate from your personal account)
- Business formation documents
- Current and prior years tax returns
- Bank statements (for the business, not your personal account)
- EIN Number (Tax Id # for your business)
The list above may vary depending on the grant program you’re applying for as well as your business ownership structure but this is a basic list to get in place, if you don’t already have these items.
Because there are so many businesses applying for these grants, it’s easy to eliminate business owners that don’t have what can be viewed as essentials in business.
And you may find it intimidating when you’re applying for a grant and don’t have some of the items requested.
Don’t let what you don’t have today keep you from securing the bag.
There’s money out there – are you prepared and ready to receive it?
Grants and Funding Options:
- Paycheck Protection Program – deadline extended until August 8th. Paypal and Square are options to consider if you’ve had trouble getting approved with your bank.
- iFundWomen – grant application open until July 31st. This site also lists various other grant programs that are available. https://ifundwomen.com/grants/apply-for-grants
- Buy From A Black Woman Relief Fund – deadline July 15th. Winners will be announced on July 24th. https://www.buyfromablackwoman.org/theblackwomanrelieffund
- HelloAlice + Verizon – Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis through Sept 25th but current round of applications due by July 16th. https://businessforall.helloalice.com/
- Lowe’s-LISC Partnership – the grant application is currently closed but will reopen on July 27th. Click here to get notified when the application reopens.
- EIDL – Includes grant and loan program. Application has reopened. https://covid19relief.sba.gov/#/