Being an entrepreneur is a lot like running a race – your strategy, focus and actions will determine how you finish. If you begin the race without a strategy and no focus you run the risk of getting injured or worse yet, not finishing at all. Because success leaves clues, I’m going to share one of the exact strategies I used to grow my business more than 800%.
Before I get into the strategies I want you to understand that in order to see the results you must be consistent. Yes, there may be days when you’ll want to throw in the towel but winners don’t quit. And I know that you’re a winner. So let’s jump into those strategies.
- Know your numbers – Before you set your goals you’ll need to get clear about where you are currently. What’s your current monthly revenue? What are your monthly expenses? How much revenue will it take to generate a profit?
- Decide what you want – It sounds simple but research reveals that only about 10% of people know exactly what they want. What do you want to experience in your business and life?
- Set goals – Get them out of your head and on to paper. How many products do you need to sell? How many clients do you need to hit this goal? Once you have this level of detail now you can set your goals based off of the number of contacts you need to make.
- Believe in yourself – Know that you can achieve whatever you desire, no matter what. It doesn’t matter what’s happening around you. You may hit a bump in the road but remember that you can do this. Winners don’t quit and quitters never win!
- Sell! Sell! Sell! – Get on the phone and let your connections know that you’re in business. Find out how you can support them. Let them know about the products and services you have to offer. Don’t assume that having a facebook page and website means you’re in business. It doesn’t. In order to make money in your business, you’ll have to talk to people!
When I first started my business, step 5 was the one step I really didn’t want to do. I worked really hard to avoid it. But it was the one step that made the biggest difference in my bottom line. And it will change your business results and profits too!