That was the top response to a survey I conducted where I asked, “what is your biggest challenge when it comes to doubling your revenue and profit?”.
When I started working with one of my coaching clients (let’s call her Janice), I was excited to hear that she already had clients. But, after a few questions, I discovered that none of them were paying clients.
She was working a full-time job and building her business on the side. Her goal was to transition out of her job and into her business full-time within a year. Needless to say, that wasn’t going to happen if she didn’t have any paying clients.
Getting clients doesn’t have to be a struggle. And, you don’t have to barter your services or work for free!
Below are 5 things that keep service-based business owners from getting clients (and what to do about it).
- Whispering or being silent about what your offer (How you think and feel about your offer will be evident in how you market your offer. Show up and let your market know how you can help them.)
- “I just want to help people” mentality (This mindset leads to charging less than you desire or not charging at all, which only attracts more people who don’t want to pay you.)
- Not marketing your business (If people don’t know about you, they can’t buy from you. Market your business, daily!)
- Not following up (Pick up the phone, send an email… just follow up. Your next client is waiting!)
- Not focusing on revenue generating activities daily (Carve out time each day to focus on bringing in “new” money. Completing current client work is not a revenue generating activity.)
Know and believe this – you have a valuable offer that your ideal client is ready and able to pay for.
Need help attracting more clients and doubling your revenue (without doubling your time)? Click here to book a complimentary call.