There’s truly no shortage of ideas for small business owners to generate revenue especially with so many ways to get your products and services in front of buyers. Some methods will work well for your small business and others will not. The goal shouldn’t be to do what everyone else is doing. Instead you should focus on those activities that help you reach your target market and achieve your revenue goals.
Honestly, if you’re watching what everyone else is doing you’re not focused on generating revenue and serving your market. And, that is costing you opportunities to grow your business and generate revenue.
In my Revenue Jumpstart guide, I share 101 high growth strategies and action steps you can implement to make more money in your business. Below are 5 of those activities to increase your revenue and grow your business, consistently.
5 Revenue Generating Activities:
- Schedule follow up meetings with potential clients at the time they request a proposal. This will reduce the time spent playing email and phone tag.
- Communicate with your email list (or build an email list). Send out a newsletter – share high value content, events and spotlight your products and services.
- Supplement seasonal business slow downs with a consistent revenue source. (For example, if you own a tax prep firm you might consider offering bookkeeping and payroll services.)
- Create (and implement!) a written action plan to convert free speaking engagements into a revenue generator and decide how you’re going to generate more money from a paid speaking engagement.
- Host an event (live or virtual / free or paid). The format is totally up to you but you can do webinars, teleseminars, google hangouts along with a variety of options for live events – multi-day, one day, half day or even just a couple of hours.
I know I already listed 5 but I couldn’t wrap up this article without including #6.
6. Pick up the phone. Call previous clients, make follow up calls and reach out to anyone that has said they want to work with you but they haven’t gotten started yet.
If you want instant access to the entire guide, Revenue Jumpstart: 101 Ways To Accelerate Your Revenue and Maximize Your Profits, then click here.