Job Opening: Business Assistant (Part-time)
Profit Is The New BlackTM, the premier business coaching and strategic development company, is seeking a part-time business assistant that is highly motivated, reliable, responsible and organized. This individual must have great communication skills and be able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines. The ideal candidate will have strong technical and administrative skills. This is a dynamic opportunity to support a rapidly growing business.
This is an exciting, professional, positive and energetic business and we are looking for an individual with the personality and skills to match!
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Client care and management
- Managing and setting up new clients
- Responds quickly to client needs
- Managing the social media accounts for business
- Calendar management and scheduling appointments
- Update blog and post to various social media platforms
- Update and schedule company newsletter
- Responding to customer service inquiries
- Updates and manages the operations manual for your related job functions
- Handle the set up and scheduling of online events
- Sending client/customer appreciation gifts and cards
- Phone and email support
- Data entry
- Some online research
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks as assigned
Here’s what you need to have/be to excel in this position:
- A shared commitment to the philosophy and the big “why” behind what I do
- A team player willing to go above and beyond
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and a cheerful disposition
- Strong organizational, analytical, decision making and administrative skills
- At least 2 years experience service in a high level administrative role
- An energetic, eager, smart and personable/passionate personality
- Detail oriented, quick thinker and fast learner
- The flexibility to travel at least once a year for live event
- You use discretion, good judgment and take the initiative to learn what you need to perform your role with excellence
- You are flexible and can work extra hours when needed during busier times (beyond your normal work flow)
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google, WordPress (would be a plus!)
- You are excited to learn new skills, systems and technology
- You are flexible and ready to do whatever it takes to get your job done with excellence
- You are an excellent project/task manager – you make sure things get done on time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable communicating with clients via telephone, email or in person.
Please Note: Online experience with websites, automation/email marketing, online shopping cart/customer service database management systems, etc. considered a huge plus.
This is an independent contractor position paid hourly. You need to be available Monday – Friday and be 100% committed to get the job done. This is a part-time, work from home position.
Candidate should be willing to learn and grow with the company.
Payment for this position is $15-25 per hour depending on your qualifications and experience.
Anticipated start date: March 16th
The deadline to apply is: March 6th
If this is of interest to you, don’t wait as we are actively seeking quality candidates to assume this role.
Successful applicants must complete a reference check.
No resumes or phone calls will be accepted.
If you would like to be considered for the position please answer the following questions in the body of an email and send to email@example.com.
Please only provide the answers to the questions below. Please do not send any Word document, PDF attachments or your resume.
Subject line of the email with your application should read: Business Assistant– Your Full Name
In the first paragraph of the email, please include your full name, your complete mailing address, your phone number and email address. Please respond to the following questions in the body of your email:
- Why do you want to be part of our team?
- What it was about this opportunity that caught your attention?
- Your favorite job and what you loved about it?
- Your least favorite job and why you didn’t love it?
- Any specific training, experience or skills you have that would be valuable to this position?
- What software applications and virtual office technology do you have experience with?
- Describe your project management experience?
- Describe your customer service experience – please be specific about years, scope of work and how you know that you offer excellent service to customers.
- Please list 2 relevant job positions that you held that qualifies you for this position. For each list:
- Job title and top 5 responsibilities
- Name of the company you worked for
- Dates in position
- Salary earned
- Supervisor name and contact information
- Why you left the position
- Upload a video to YouTube or vimeo (mark it unlisted/private and share the link with us) sharing why you feel that you’d contribute to the growth of the company. Video should be no more than 5 minutes.
We will review submissions and schedule a meeting for follow up for any applicants we wish to interview.
We appreciate your time and response, and we hope to be in touch shortly if there is a potential match.