It’s the beginning of a brand new year that is fresh and choke full of new opportunities, new decisions, new choices andnew experiences. The decision to be positive and remain focused on your goals can be tough with so much negativity surrounding us. Turn on the TV, radio, or tune in to social media and there’s plenty of reason to just stay in bed some days.
So what can you do to stay positive and focused on your goals?
One day while planning out all the amazing things I’d like to experience in my business and in my life, I got a text message. The message said, “And be sure of this, I am with you always even to the end of the age” ~ Matthew 28:20. This was one of many text messages I scheduled to be sent to me many months ago using a free app called Go SMS Pro. These messages serve as reminders for me to keep going, keep believing and stay in the game. And I believe they will serve you well, too.
Success looks and feels different for everyone however there are some key strategies that remain the same no matter where you are on your journey.
- Be willing to leave your comfort zone
- Be willing to do it alone
- Eliminate the negative self talk and distractions
- Positive attitude despite your circumstances
- Surround yourself with like minded people
- Have fun – laugh and smile along the way
- A clearly defined goal and measure of success
- Courage to start and keep going
- Be willing to leave some people, things and old habits behind
- A connection to an eternal source of power
When coupled with consistent action, these keys will ensure you achieve your goals – in life and in business.