My heart would start racing and my stomach would get all woozy when it was time to make sales calls. I’m pretty sure my voice was squeaky too but no one ever confirmed that. There was nothing fun about this process, in the beginning. Eventually, the uneasy feeling subsided and my business started to grow at rates I’d only dreamed of.
So what happened to cause such a big shift in my business? It started with the conversation I was having in my head. I could have countless sales conversations but at the end of the day the most important sales conversation I’d have would be the one I had with myself, daily.
This will be true for you too. The conversation you’re having with yourself before meeting with a prospect, in person or over the phone is directly tied to your business’ bottom line. This is the most important conversation you’ll have each and every day. If others could hear that conversation that you’re having with yourself would it be positive or negative?
To increase your sales and accelerate your profits, you’ll need to shift the conversation you’re having with yourself. Below are a few tips to help you become more successful and profitable during your sales conversations:
- Do your research. Find out as much as you can about the prospect before getting on the phone. The more you know, the better the conversation will go.
- Smile before the call and during the call. It can be heard.
- Focus on connecting with the prospect first before selling.
- Create a sales binder. Include your sales script, product and/or service offerings, your fee schedule and any special offers. Stick to the script and you won’t get caught in the “story” when it’s time to ask for the money.
- If the prospect doesn’t buy, call the next person on the list until you get your yes!
- Follow up, follow up, follow up. Send an email to thank them for their time, include a helpful resource and make sure you continue to nurture the relationship.
- Be consistent. Set a weekly call goal, plan a time to make your calls and then pick up the phone.
If you’d like to accelerate your revenue, increase your profits and grow your business, I can help. Book your complimentary Make More Profit strategy session HERE so we can look at the next and best strategies and action steps to increase your sales and keep your profits in the black.