There are 5 specific activities that will increase your revenue, grow your business and increase your exposure if you do them consistently. The keyword here is consistently. The list below does not include every activity that will increase your revenue but these activities will definitely skyrocket your results.
Top Revenue Producing Activities:
- Speaking engagements – it doesn’t matter if the speaking engagement is free or paid, you should have a written plan as to how you’re going to convert the free event into a revenue generator and how you’re going to take a paid event and make more money.
- Hosting events (live or virtual / free or paid) – the format is totally up to you but you can do webinars, teleseminars, google hangouts along with a variety of options for live events – multi-day, one day, half day or even just a couple of hours.
- Networking (online and offline) – when you’re connecting with people online, make sure you have a way to bring them into your offline community because FB, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc own those lists. You can offer a free gift or virtual event as a way to build your list. When it comes to list building, don’t just collect email addresses, connect and communicate with your list consistently. Now, when you’re networking offline don’t just go to a networking event for the sake of going. Go to events that will put you in front of your potential clients and/or JV partners.
- Offer complimentary consultations – these sessions will allow you and the potential client to get acquainted and determine whether you can help solve their biggest challenge.
- Sales calls – these are much like complimentary sessions but they include calling previous clients and those that have said they want to work with you but haven’t gotten started yet.
The key to remember about generating or increasing your revenue is that even if you’re doing all the activities listed above you will not experience significant revenue and profit growth if you’re not asking for the money and managing your expenses.